A dollar saved is a dollar earned. As I continue to pursue my interest in S-REIT Investment through s-reitinvestmentblog.sg, I am also increasing aware of the amount of money which I will save through these credit cards.

Therefore, the purpose of this blog is to consolidate all these credit card offers or rebates which we will be using everyday. I hope that this blog can be a one-stop blog on credit card rebates so that you can use and save money.

Moreover, I am going to post all the major discounts and perks that I currently enjoy for only one purpose. When I need to find data, I know where to look for it all at one place. :-)

Monday, December 29, 2014

NTUC Fairprice & Citibank SMRT Visa 9% Cash Rebate - Change of Card - Updates on 3rd Jan

Hi everyone,

Recently, I researched and found out that there is one card which is better than Maybank Family & Friends Card in the rebates. It is Citibank SMRT Visa. It gives 0.3% less than Maybank Family & Friends card. However, it does not have a minimum which I like it a lot. But you got to purchase at least $50. If you add the NTUC U Member rebate of 4%, you get a total of 8.7% cash rebate.

This is a result of not reading the fineprint properly. Now I am reconsidering whether to change my card to Citibank SMRT (3rd Jan). Here is the statistics anyway

Annual Groceries expenses = $9600
Annual Cash Rebate (4.7%) = $451.20 (about $37.60 per month)
Annual Cash Rebates from NTUC Member = $240 - $113 = $127

2 comments:

  1. Citibank SMRT limits the rebate per year to S$280. You can switch to use other CC until end of the year when the Citibank SMRT rebate limit is reached. Then, use the Citibank SMRT card again in the new year until rebate limit again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Citibank SMRT limits the rebate per year to S$280. You can switch to use other CC until end of the year when the Citibank SMRT rebate limit is reached. Then, use the Citibank SMRT card again in the new year until rebate limit again.

    ReplyDelete